Change a Big Industry
The accounts receivable industry is one of the most antiquated in the corporate world. As a result, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of how many companies, big and small, get paid.
We hire smart individuals with complete trust in their ability to own critical projects. While there is a lot of collaboration, you will have the freedom to explore and solve problems in your own way.
Paid is located in San Francisco. There are great restaurants and bars nearby as well as access to all major public transit systems.
The Fun Stuff
We offer generous vacations, Macbooks, snacks and more. We also host a weekly happy hour for us, customers and friends.
Head of Marketingkeyboard_arrow_up Back to top
About The Job
Paid is looking to make its first marketing hire, someone that can come in and own Paid’s communication with the rest of the world. We have great engineering and sales. We just need the third pillar—great marketing.
Paid’s mission is simple: to get every company paid. Paid is modern billing software that helps businesses grow without the pain of building their own billing platform. At our core is our simple yet robust API. We make it possible for companies with 10 or 10,000,000 customers to manage their billing from a single dashboard.
Why join Paid?
- We are after a real market with a real problem.
- We have real, happy customers.
- We build powerful software with meaningful design that we can sell to many businesses.
- We have amazing investors backing us (Y Combinator, Pear Ventures, Founder Collective & more).
- We have years of runway.
- We’re a small team that loves to work together, learn from each other and have fun along the way!
While we have a list of things you’ll likely do in the role, you’re really only bounded by your imagination. Your main job is to help Paid market itself, whatever it takes.
Here are some of the things you’ll own:
Messaging, tone and positioning:
- Talk with Paid’s leads and current customers to learn how Paid is solving problems
- Research and identify how to best deliver value to Paid’s target customer
- Prioritize the best channels and develop plan of attack
- Design website content, product videos, and improve our SEO
- Build the Paid brand through content marketing that caters to the developer community
- Create and manage advertising, Adwords and social media campaigns
Optimization and Conversion:
- Simplify and improve messaging on all channels through A/B tests
- Focus on creating a massive inbound funnel
Budget and Operations:
- Balance and manage the marketing budget
- Manage funds allocation for every given channel
- Build your team as we grow and manage contractors
There’s only one: Be awesome.
This role will challenge you to wear many hats, be innovative, take ownership and help change an massive market. While an MBA, marketing experience, startup experience, etc. is a plus, we are mostly looking for someone hungry and creative who can help us take Paid to the next level.
If that sounds like a good next step in your career, you should get in touch!